Fishing in the pond

This really should be over in my other blog as it is something I built, yet it is for the ranch, and the ranch is part of my healing, which qualifies to be here. I am hoping that I can show this to Chris on my way to the ranch in the morning, yet just in case, I will post the pictures here. I had hoped to finish the apple tree tonight, yet I just ran out of time. I started getting tired and I was not making good judgments and so I decided it was better to stop. It is ok as it was my goal to have it done by Monday anyways, not tomorrow. I am really happy with the outcome. I am excited to see how they react at the ranch. Just wait till I get the tree done!!
It started out like this - scribbles on a piece of paper. I had taken measurements at the ranch and then I got thinking, how cool would it be to make a "pond" that could sit on top of the water barrels? So then I had to figure out the miter angles for an octagon (22.5 degrees) and just let my brain go from there.
I bought a palm sander last week. Oh wow, talk about a good buy! It cleaned up the edges of those boards like nothing! (and since has been an amazing blessing for the remainder of the project and the start of the next project)
Even though I cut my boards the wrong way, it still worked out. I got things glued up and the bottom attached. It is always neat when things start going together and you see it "coming to life". Note the fish up in the corner...yup, we even had fish at this point!
I thought is would be fun to have the bottom of the pond look swirly. I think it came out good. I added a handle so it is easy to pick up and carry. Yes, I think of all things!
And yes, fish. Fish with glitter. Fish with googly eyes. Yup, colorful, googly-eyed, glittery fish!
Since some of the clients do not have good dexterity, I just did a simple pole. I did, however, wrap the handle in paracord. Yup, I made a big mess with some E6000 and I enjoyed every moment of it.
Seeing that I may never get into my camo shorts ever again, I have sacrificed them to make a drawstring bag to hold the fish. Seeing that I do not sew, I got some that stuff that you use your iron to "fake sew" and I made a bag to hold the fish. See, my shorts go to a good cause after all and I practice a new skill.
Tada!!!! Fish in their pond with the pole!! Pretty cool, eh??
And it all packs right up. The bag is attached to the handle. I could not come up with a way to attach the pole. It is ok, It is easy to just set with it.