I am unbreakable


Today, I am unbreakable
and that comes with a lot of unknowns.

I am just starting to learn
what unbreakable means.

I will not give in, 
I will not give up, 
I will not quit.

I will still fall down.
I will still bleed.
I will still hurt.
I will still fear.

And yet, I will not break,
for starting today, I am unbreakable. 

I will begin to learn,

that I am strong,
that I am brave,
that I am good,
that I am not alone.

The past may
haunt me,
frighten me,
battle me,
try to destroy me,
and yet I will not let it
for
I am unbreakable
and
I have worth.

I will need help,
I will need reminded,
sometimes daily,
sometimes by the moment.

I will try to doubt,
I will try to run,
I will try to deny,

as these are the responses
I have come to know best.

I will learn where I am,
I will learn who I can be,
I will learn what I can do,

and I will succeed
simply because,

I, am unbreakable.

Popular posts from this blog

Never a failure again

No more numbers

Checking in