Christmas Trains
Although I don't decorate much for the holidays anymore, I do generally have the inadequate tree, a nativity, and a train. I have boxes of Christmas decorations in my shed and they have hardly been opened the 8 years I have lived in my house. Over the years, that fun loving adventure of decorating just drifted away. I think it was because the holidays became more un-enjoyable and therefore, why put out the effort.
There's always a train though. I used to buy these $1 wind up trains with track and put them around the tree. I don't know what the fascination is, yet if there is nothing else out, you have to have a nativity and you have to have a train. This weekend I will go dig out my little nativity.
In session last week Chris mentioned buying something that was fun. Just for the record, she seems to have cool Christmas socks like her cool Halloween socks. I agreed that I should go get me something neat. I forgot that I had already done so a few weeks ago.
During a trip to Walgreens, there it was....the light up LED musical train. Yup, I pushed the button and I was hooked. It plays Carol of the Bells (one of my favorites) and switches between red, green, and blue. Oh you know I totally bought it. I love to turn all the lights out and play it. Talk about feeling like a little kid!
I might put the tree out this weekend. I would like to redo it. I think there are only a few bulbs left on it now and it could use a little sprucing up. I will see what the boxes in the shed can yield for decorations.
My mind is racing quite well, yet not with anything that I desire to put on paper. It's kind of been that way for the past week or so. I've been quiet online and off. I did get a big letter out to Erickson yesterday that was well overdue. Sent plenty of pictures to catch him up on life with Tess and I. I am sure he has been worried about me as the last time he heard from me I was not in a good place. Can't be having him worrying!
Things are well.
There's always a train though. I used to buy these $1 wind up trains with track and put them around the tree. I don't know what the fascination is, yet if there is nothing else out, you have to have a nativity and you have to have a train. This weekend I will go dig out my little nativity.
In session last week Chris mentioned buying something that was fun. Just for the record, she seems to have cool Christmas socks like her cool Halloween socks. I agreed that I should go get me something neat. I forgot that I had already done so a few weeks ago.
During a trip to Walgreens, there it was....the light up LED musical train. Yup, I pushed the button and I was hooked. It plays Carol of the Bells (one of my favorites) and switches between red, green, and blue. Oh you know I totally bought it. I love to turn all the lights out and play it. Talk about feeling like a little kid!
I might put the tree out this weekend. I would like to redo it. I think there are only a few bulbs left on it now and it could use a little sprucing up. I will see what the boxes in the shed can yield for decorations.
My mind is racing quite well, yet not with anything that I desire to put on paper. It's kind of been that way for the past week or so. I've been quiet online and off. I did get a big letter out to Erickson yesterday that was well overdue. Sent plenty of pictures to catch him up on life with Tess and I. I am sure he has been worried about me as the last time he heard from me I was not in a good place. Can't be having him worrying!
Things are well.
