My little family
There are some posts I have been wanting to write in regards to the "inner child" work I have been doing and I just have not figured out how I wanted to do it yet. I have all these thoughts and pictures in my head and just have not come up with a way to share it. I don't want things to just sit dormant in a folder, you know it is a lot of learning and a whole ton of healing that has come from it. Maybe, down the line, somebody can benefit from what I have done. And, even if not, when I revisit things I am always strengthened and learn more. It is for me just as much.
I have a few posts in the past about this, before it I learned it really was something real. It started when Tami explained to me that there was still a part in me, that little kid, who saw things in black and white, life and death, and that part of me was still trying to "protect" me even though I did not need protecting. That concept and the thoughts and conclusions that stemmed from it changed my whole vision of how I looked at myself. I took that initial thought and built on it and then sat down with Chris and shared how I was looking at things. I wasn't sure if I was being silly with looking at these inner past pieces as "my kids" or what, yet it worked for me. Not only was I assured I wasn't loosing it, Chris shared with me about the "inner child" and shared some books about with me. You might say I was off and running at that point.
I thought about writing things in a "meet the kids" format then I thought I might just go through my drawings and talk about each one. Even as I write here, I am not sure how I will go forth, maybe a little of both. Since I see a hot bath in my future before really delving into writing, I guess I have time to still be super inspired. Of course I could write about how Tess is barking at her shadow and attacking a blanket. Hey, I never once said there was sanity in this house. Remember, I have a fish named "Ebola" and the stray and loose dogs of the neighborhood are frequently found lounging on my front porch. And, yes, the cat in the bush...well, now under my porch. Seriously, it's an adventure around here, that is for sure.
I spent some time earlier this week looking through photo albums. I wondered if I could find photos of myself through the years that went along with the drawings. I laughed when I found one of me with pigtails, just as I have drawn "the little one" all this time. Not all the drawings had an actual visual counterpart, yet there were some close. I was quite amazed by it.
One way or another, I would like to share what has become known as "the kids" with you. They are those little pieces inside of me, moments of my past, created from moments - good and bad. They existed in real time at one time and then as time went on, were put away and forgotten about. Through the years they tried to be heard, and I did not recognize their voices or their faces. I have found them now and they are alive and well and (hopefully) happy with life. We are learning and healing together and together we make an amazing person.
As I work on how to present them, giving them even more of the recognition they have deserved for so long, I hope that I can also come up with pieces and moments to share for others. Step 12, once you understand the power of what you have learned, you share it.
I have a few posts in the past about this, before it I learned it really was something real. It started when Tami explained to me that there was still a part in me, that little kid, who saw things in black and white, life and death, and that part of me was still trying to "protect" me even though I did not need protecting. That concept and the thoughts and conclusions that stemmed from it changed my whole vision of how I looked at myself. I took that initial thought and built on it and then sat down with Chris and shared how I was looking at things. I wasn't sure if I was being silly with looking at these inner past pieces as "my kids" or what, yet it worked for me. Not only was I assured I wasn't loosing it, Chris shared with me about the "inner child" and shared some books about with me. You might say I was off and running at that point.
I thought about writing things in a "meet the kids" format then I thought I might just go through my drawings and talk about each one. Even as I write here, I am not sure how I will go forth, maybe a little of both. Since I see a hot bath in my future before really delving into writing, I guess I have time to still be super inspired. Of course I could write about how Tess is barking at her shadow and attacking a blanket. Hey, I never once said there was sanity in this house. Remember, I have a fish named "Ebola" and the stray and loose dogs of the neighborhood are frequently found lounging on my front porch. And, yes, the cat in the bush...well, now under my porch. Seriously, it's an adventure around here, that is for sure.
I spent some time earlier this week looking through photo albums. I wondered if I could find photos of myself through the years that went along with the drawings. I laughed when I found one of me with pigtails, just as I have drawn "the little one" all this time. Not all the drawings had an actual visual counterpart, yet there were some close. I was quite amazed by it.
One way or another, I would like to share what has become known as "the kids" with you. They are those little pieces inside of me, moments of my past, created from moments - good and bad. They existed in real time at one time and then as time went on, were put away and forgotten about. Through the years they tried to be heard, and I did not recognize their voices or their faces. I have found them now and they are alive and well and (hopefully) happy with life. We are learning and healing together and together we make an amazing person.
As I work on how to present them, giving them even more of the recognition they have deserved for so long, I hope that I can also come up with pieces and moments to share for others. Step 12, once you understand the power of what you have learned, you share it.
