Wishful thinking


As I have said before, drawing has been a major key to helping me express emotions and thoughts that I have struggled to find the words.

I think my favorites of lately are the one I did a few weeks back about "going home" and this one that came through the Vegas trip. 

I got thinking about this one a lot as I have gone through these past several days. I wondered how it plays out. Can I see what is on the other side? I do not think so. I think it is more of a "hope this is what is on the other side."

I do hope what comes out in my drawings (the positive ones) is reality. Granted, one cannot know for sure, yet I hope.

For many years I would reach out in front of me, as if the veil between here and the eternities was so thin that I could feel those on the other side. 

It exists...the other side. We are never far from our loved ones who were here before us and our family and friends who are still waiting to join us here. Yet we can't get back there until we come here. 

I just am struggling with thoughts these past few days. I don't know how to ask for the help I need and so I find myself pushing everyone away. I can watch what I am doing and it breaks my heart that I can't find that little piece in me to step up and out of an unhealthy comfort zone.

I still do not know what I will do this week.  I keep fighting between running away and sticking it out and trust in the trust I have in my people. 

Still have a day to make decisions and there is a whole lot to complete in that day. I'm scared and I wish someone would just grab me out of the craziness, hold me tight, and tell me it is all going to be ok.

Popular posts from this blog

Never a failure again

No more numbers

Checking in