POTD and Vegas letter - March 8

Hey my dear family.
Well, it is coming to a close and I am getting more and more petrified about coming home. As last time, I have gained a lot by being out here and I am so afraid of not being able to maintain that when I get home. I have a lot of accountability partners out here and for the most part I am on my own back home. As well, going back home means facing everything I left and ran from. I will survive and it scares me.

I am writing early tonight as the only thing left is to go out for a bit with a former missionary to meet his fiancĂ©e and then root beer float party tonight for the “last night together”. Oh, yah, and pack my stuff back up.

Today’s adventure started with more duck feeding. I tell ya, those things are a trip. Why can’t we have more ducks and less Canadian Geese. I could have sat there all day watching them. We headed over to the strip to the MGM Grand to find the Jabbawockees (dance troupe) store. Lora’s derby name is “jammawockee” and so I told her I would pick her up some new stickers for her helmet. She was excited when I shared with her that I was telling them in the store about her and her name, etc. and even shared her pix in her uniform. Yah, I was a bragging big sister!! So all this was in the “New York” area of the strip and afterwards we went over to the Hershey’s store. They had a chocolate statue of liberty (of course), then they had one made of Jelly Belly’s and another of Twizzlers. Cool, eh? They were at least 10 ft tall each. Yes, they made me hungry :)

I snagged a few more photos on the way home, including the Mr. Reefer sign that I kept seeing. I just crack up at things out here. Maybe it is me being a Midwest gal, yet there is a lot of weird and odd stuff (and people) around here.

So this is my report. Will be flying out early and landing in Indy at 3:30 Indiana time. If I get back over to home before 5 I can pick up Tess, otherwise it is Friday morning. Love you all and will report when I land!

Hugs,
Blewy




Popular posts from this blog

Never a failure again

No more numbers

Checking in