POTD and Thoughts - April 2
And I am home. It seems that it rained why I was in the hospital...like a lot. Have not seen the back flooded this bad for a while. Later on Lora and I took pictures of me with my fishing pole "fishing" in the "lake"
I am able to keep things down if I eat slow, just a little bit at a time, and it is bland. It is a challenge when you are hungry, yet if it keeps me from puking, then let's do it.
Now that I don't have the constant IV, I am also super thirsty. Of course liquids fall under the same category as food - a little at a time. Talk about a test in patience.
Came home with a ton of medicine. Remember my proudness that I went from a shoebox of meds to none after I had surgery? Well, I think I need to find another box. Not too sure how long I will be on all of this, yet it is the only way I am managing to not throw up. Actually had to write out a schedule of what and when to take things because there are so many.
Tessa was super happy to see me and has not gotten too far from me. I have some carpet cleaning to do since she had some accidents while I was away, yet she did really good. I am thankful Lora stopped in and took care of her for me. Seeing I don't have to go back out until Tuesday, she will get plenty of snuggling time.
Lora also did some cleaning around the house here even though I told her she did not have to. I am very appreciative of it (and yes, I told her) as now things in that area do not feel so overwhelming. If I can get laundry folded over the next few days then it should be good for the most part.
My endurance is wiped out. Of course that just frustrates me, and yet I understand. Walking from the ER doors to my car winded me to the point I had to use my inhaler. Lora took me to get my meds and pick up some groceries and by the time we got home (we were not gone but maybe 30 minutes) I was exhausted, dizzy, and starting to hurt. I just have to be patience and kind with myself and do what I need to do in order to keep healing and getting stronger.
It has been an adventure, that is for sure. So much I would like to share my thoughts on that happened outside of the obvious things, yet I need to call it a night really soon. Maybe in future posts. And, with that, I am very proud of my "Picture of the day" goal. I made it just a bit over 3 months straight. With that, I am letting it go. It has been really fun, yet I am not going to pressure myself to make sure I get a photo every day. Anyways, it would most likely be fishing pictures :) It is not a negative choice, just a choice. For me, I succeeded with my goal and am very happy with myself for making it this long as I figured I would hit 3 weeks at the most.
So I have a few days to really think over some things from this past week and decide what my next steps are going to be. Don't have to have all the answers, and don't have to cross all the bridges, yet I need to try and pick a direction to start moving.
With that, it is time to call it a night and get more rest.
I am able to keep things down if I eat slow, just a little bit at a time, and it is bland. It is a challenge when you are hungry, yet if it keeps me from puking, then let's do it.
Now that I don't have the constant IV, I am also super thirsty. Of course liquids fall under the same category as food - a little at a time. Talk about a test in patience.
Came home with a ton of medicine. Remember my proudness that I went from a shoebox of meds to none after I had surgery? Well, I think I need to find another box. Not too sure how long I will be on all of this, yet it is the only way I am managing to not throw up. Actually had to write out a schedule of what and when to take things because there are so many.
Tessa was super happy to see me and has not gotten too far from me. I have some carpet cleaning to do since she had some accidents while I was away, yet she did really good. I am thankful Lora stopped in and took care of her for me. Seeing I don't have to go back out until Tuesday, she will get plenty of snuggling time.Lora also did some cleaning around the house here even though I told her she did not have to. I am very appreciative of it (and yes, I told her) as now things in that area do not feel so overwhelming. If I can get laundry folded over the next few days then it should be good for the most part.
My endurance is wiped out. Of course that just frustrates me, and yet I understand. Walking from the ER doors to my car winded me to the point I had to use my inhaler. Lora took me to get my meds and pick up some groceries and by the time we got home (we were not gone but maybe 30 minutes) I was exhausted, dizzy, and starting to hurt. I just have to be patience and kind with myself and do what I need to do in order to keep healing and getting stronger.
It has been an adventure, that is for sure. So much I would like to share my thoughts on that happened outside of the obvious things, yet I need to call it a night really soon. Maybe in future posts. And, with that, I am very proud of my "Picture of the day" goal. I made it just a bit over 3 months straight. With that, I am letting it go. It has been really fun, yet I am not going to pressure myself to make sure I get a photo every day. Anyways, it would most likely be fishing pictures :) It is not a negative choice, just a choice. For me, I succeeded with my goal and am very happy with myself for making it this long as I figured I would hit 3 weeks at the most.
So I have a few days to really think over some things from this past week and decide what my next steps are going to be. Don't have to have all the answers, and don't have to cross all the bridges, yet I need to try and pick a direction to start moving.
With that, it is time to call it a night and get more rest.
