Advice from Little Blewy

Hey Big Blewy, remember me, your buddy Little Blewy? Seen that you have been struggling lately and feeling frustrated, lost, and in despair. I know it is only a moment and you are doing really great coming out of it, so I thought I would swing by and see if I can help you out a little bit. You saved me so maybe I can return the favor.

Now, most likely I am going to tell you things that you already know, and that is ok because sometimes there are things in life that we just need to hear over and over.

Where you are is not who you are. Ok? Are we good on this? It took me way too many years to figure that one out and at times I do still want to revert back to thinking otherwise. Just because you feel you are in a bad spot right now, it does not mean you are a bad person.

And, where you are is not always dictated by something you did or did not do. I am continually learning that we sometimes find ourselves in places emotionally and we have no idea how we got there. It may be finding ourselves in a place we hoped never to return to or a whole new arena. Sometimes, it just happens. What you need to understand is that you are ok.Things like this are going to happen, don't always take it personally. See it, acknowledge it, let it go by. I know, easier said than done. You will get the hang of it.

Ok, you got that figured out yet? Get to letting it sink in because the rest of this is not really going to matter if you are stuck behind feeling sorry for yourself.

I need you to know this - I love you. Yes, I know you cringe at that simply because admitting that you are good enough to be loved, especially by a part of yourself, is not your strong suit. I can't really help you much more than just telling you that I love you. I can't put my arms around you and provide comfort. I can't give you a shoulder to lean on. I can't even hold your hand when you are scared. I know, kind of sucks doesn't it? What I can guarantee for you is that you are never alone. Even when you feel so, you are not. You never left me and I will never leave you.

It's ok to be afraid. It has been kind of inspiring to watch you take fear and toss it to the wolves and I know that you still have a lot inside that you are not sharing with anyone. It is ok to be afraid and it is ok to ask for help in understanding why you are afraid. And don't go saying you don't know what you are afraid of because I know better. You know full well the things that scare you, especially at the moment. Did you ever stop and think that some of that fear might just be a natural reaction to things you have been through and experienced? Know what that means? It can be overcome.

Oh Blewy, you are amazing. Do you not realize how many lives you touch and change every day? I know, you don't sit back and keep a tally sheet, yet I can see it. All those things you are always hoping you will be and become, you already are. You always have been. All your life has been for the other person and I understand why. I get it. Remember, I have existed longer than you have.

I have watched you give until you have spent all you have physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually, then you gave more. I have watched you give until it has almost destroyed you. I look at how much love you have for others and how you give it without thought and it saddens me that you struggle so hard with turning even a small piece of that inward. You found and loved me, why is it so hard to find and love you?

Try to be happy with who you are - all of you. Try to make a strength from the struggles. All that is you is what makes you who you are and people like you just how you are. They are not sorting good and bad pieces out, so don't be trying to do it yourself. And you don't have "good and bad" pieces anyways, you have "amazing and even more amazing" pieces - would I lie to you?

So what, you have demons. Who doesn't. Yes, many of them you did not ask for, and they are there. They are a part of you. So, let me say to you the thing that you have heard recently and heard many times previously - why not try to make peace with them instead of fighting them all the time? Just a thought.

I know you want to be the best you can, if you were able to be perfect, you would strive every moment to do that. You always have had an issue with overachieving. Give yourself a little slack. Just be Blewy. People love you because you don't fit a typical mold.

You are unique and that is what makes you the brilliant, wonderful person you are. Just let life happen, just be you. Most times you are not going to have the answers, that is why you have to go on faith sometimes. Believe in yourself as much as you believe in others.

Keep laughing Blewy. Don't let the sadness and harshness of the world take away your sense of humor. There are days where the only way you survived was because you could laugh. Don't lose that, it is a gift....to you and to others.

So that is really all I have to say. Be strong, friend. This life is but a moment in eternity. Quit trying to go it alone so much. Live, laugh, love, and all those other cheesy phrases you see all the time, yet of all of them, just live. Live life and experience it and feel it. Try to not be so afraid of it.

Keep the faith, Blewy. There is a whole world that needs you to be here tomorrow, the day after, and the day after that. Every day they depend on you being here one more. I depend on it too, so don't go giving up.

You know where to always find me, don't be a stranger.
Little Blewy

Popular posts from this blog

Never a failure again

No more numbers

Checking in