Please don't let go

Dear Heavenly Father,
I just want you to know that i still read your letter often. I find strength in being able to read many of the words now and know I am on the other side of the fence. As I read the stories you shared, I realize I now have my own.

There is still a missing component for me. The authors of those stories seem to have so much confidence and assurity in themselves and their new found lives. I am still so scared and doubting of my strength.

I get a few steps ahead and it feels exhilarating. I find myself thinking, "I got this, I can do this" and it feels good. It seems to come with a price. I often feel that as I stand up and start moving forward and being confident, a part of me meets me head-on to tell me that it is not real, it is not going to last, not only am I fooling myself and I will most likely hurt someone in the process. Back up and back off.

It breaks my heart. I want to do good, I want to help others, I want to do the right things in life. Sometimes I have no idea what that means. I just give it my best shot.

I am working on that loving myself thing. It is a place I haven't been for a really long time. I am doing good on getting to know those little pieces and parts of my self that I keep meeting as I work along. I have so much compassion for them, for what they have been through, for what I put them them through all these years. There is no need for me to forgive them, for they have done nothing wrong. On the other side, I often wonder if they will forgive me. Yes, they keep coming back, yet will they ever understand that I did the best I could and sadly that came with a lot of anger, hate, and self-destruction.

It is so easy to recall the negative and carry the weight of that. To recall the good, it comes with guilt. All good memories will eventually come with thoughts of selfishness and pride. It may not come at that same moment yet it makes it along eventually. It makes me afraid to enjoy sometimes, it makes me stay one step back.

I know you continue to put people in my path, situations in my life, and lights along the road. Know how thankful I am for that. I just hope that I am doing the right things to show my appreciation. Know how thankful I am for it and know I never take it for granted. As well, it is never expected. I know these are gifts and my heart is always full that you think I am worth receiving them.

I want to think that there are still great things for me to do. I want to think that you won't give up on me because I keep struggling with dark and negative thoughts. Please don't let my struggle to find peace affect those you need me to serve.

Please help me not to be a burden or a bother to others. Help me to not be afraid to ask for help and guidance. Help me to not fear myself to a point of destruction. Please don't abandon me.

Christy

Popular posts from this blog

Never a failure again

No more numbers

Checking in