Join me?

Hey Blewy.
Will you come sit here with me? It is safe.

How you hanging in there? Wild ride, eh? Things will level off and balance out. There really is a light at the end of this tunnel, just keep moving.

No need for me to ask how your emotions are, as I have a pretty good idea. My question is, how are *you*? Are you ok with what is happening right now? Are the changes ok or too much? I know how you like to act all tough and like you have things under control, yet do you? This is some new territory for you and I imagine it is scary. I want you to understand that it is perfectly ok not to be ok. Maybe you should read that again...maybe a few times actually. Oh, and it is ok to let someone know if it is not. You know, you are not being a bother or whining or any of those negative things - trust me.

I see that you backed yourself into a corner tonight. Listen to me, you aren't going to hurt anyone, and no one is going to hurt you, ok? You cannot stay there, it is not good for you. Yes, you can still have corners yet not those, not the towering ones far away from everyone. Those will only make you feel diminished, not strengthened. Will you think about coming out of there? Will you come out if I come and walk out with you? You are safe, you really are. I promise, you can believe it when I say it.

You have to be brave though, you have to step out into the quietness. I got your back, you are not alone, and I believe in you. Do you believe in yourself at this moment? It is ok to say no, it will come. This is just a new chapter in your life - one that is going to be amazing. Lean on me as much as you need to, just do not go isolate yourself, your feelings, or your emotions. You do not have to be alone in this transition.

Things will fall into place. All things in their time, and generally we never know what that is. Be patient, be genuine. You are healing, tend kindly to yourself. Do not rush it, proper healing takes time too. Remember, you can always ask for a band-aid.

You are on a good path, hold tight and don't deviate. Try your best not to run from everyone. Don't feel like you have to answer a certain way or react how you think others want to see. Just breathe, feel, relax, and be. It is ok to be just you. Do that, just be you.

Whatever you are feeling at this moment is ok. It is ok to be unsure. It is ok to feel kind of confused. This is a new place, take it slow and look around. Go look at the places and things around you. Go see what the things are that you have been afraid of looking at for so long.

The gym is empty, all yours. No one here to yell and scream. No one to berate and hate. It is quiet and it is yours. You are now the boss here, the coach. As you keep getting stronger you will realize you are able to control what goes on here. Even if it fills back up, you will be able to dictate how it affects you. You have that ability now, you just have not let yourself believe it yet.

Lay your head against me and close your eyes. Rest now, your body is taking back strength and renewing. Relax and let it heal - one thing at a time - as some of those wounds are pretty deep.

I love you. Yes, I am allowed to say that. This round ends really good, I promise.

Sleep now. Tomorrow is a new day and a new adventure. I got you, trust me.

Popular posts from this blog

Never a failure again

No more numbers

Checking in