Chicken Run

[Editors note: (always wanted to have one of these). Sometimes I get a chance just to have some fun that not only helps me yet might make someone else smile. I enjoyed doing this and it was especially wonderful as I have felt a little off with the adjustment to my medication - a great mindfulness activity. This one is all for you CW. You know me, always good for a story, a laugh, a drawing, or all three. Hope this little chicken soup for the soul makes you feel better! Oh, and please remember, it is the thought that counts!]

************************
Guardian: Ok everyone, I have offered to make chicken noodle soup and I need all your help! Blewy, fetch the car, we have some shopping to do.


Blewy: Where are we going?

Guardian: Just keep driving, I have this under control.

Blewy: Chickens!!! Chickens everywhere!!!! 

Guardian: I GOT THEM! GO! GO! GO!


Guardian: Well, crap, I don't know what to do with a chicken. Anyone know what to do with these things?

Christopher: I GOT IT!!!!!

Guardian: WHAT THE HECK!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING! PUT THAT DOWN!!!

Christopher: No, seriously, I lived on a farm, I can take care of this! Hey, those are some good, plump chickens, you get those in Urbana??

Guardian: Yah, sure did. I did good, you think? Now, please put that down!

Chris: Yup, good job, just keep rolling them out and I will cut them into noodles.

Little One: This is fun, it is like play-doh except we can eat it.

Chris: [chucking], Yes, we can eat it...after it is cooked. It would not taste very good right now.

Little One: Can we do this more often?

Chris: Yah, we sure can. You think they will get the chickens figured out?

Little One: Yah, Christopher always makes things work out.

Blewy: And so you see, there were chickens everywhere, and the Guardian just hangs out the window like some superhero and snags them like nothing! I was swerving and ducking to miss them and just like nothing, two are snagged!!! You believe me?

Littlest One: [giggles and nods cheerfully]

Blewy: So we have the easy job, we just hang out here and watch everyone else be silly. When it is done, we will put in that pot over there and then let CW know we have something for her.

Littlest One: [with a questioning look] me?

Blewy: Sure, you can be the one to let her know. Do you feel like you can do that? It won't be too scary?

Littlest One: [with a large grin] yup. she safe.

Blewy: Yes, she is. Think we should go check on everyone?

Littlest One: Yup!

************************

So, hey, hope you are feeling better. Big Tess and I actually made a pot of chicken noodles here as it sounded really good. Of course, here it is use whatever pasta is in the cabinet. So, we have chicken "noodles" of spaghetti and rotini shells. Hey, pasta is pasta and it all tastes good. It's even wheat pasta so it is healthy!

The kids had a good time doing this for you and the littlest one is tugging at me to let her go inform you that you have a pot of noodles waiting, so I need to tend to that.

Rest up and see you soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Never a failure again

No more numbers

Checking in