Here fishy, fishy, fishy

I have been a hot mess lately, and I generally do not use that phrase. And as if my mental instability has not been enough, Tessa the haluci-dog has spent the last week attacking the corner of the kitchen. I have no clue, yet I am not to judge. If she feels there is something there, then who am I to argue. I just wish her bark was not so high pitched at times. I also wish she would not do this (because she goes on for several minutes or more) in the wee hours of the morning.


My only guess is that she smells the mouse that runs through there yet the mouse has been there for a long time. Maybe it is a new mouse? Whatever it is, she refuses to drink out of her water bowl. Ah, children.

We went to the park tonight. Went out to the boat dock at Inland Sea there in Kickapoo. I don't know if she has ever been to a park, yet she has now. She ran around a bit yet did not get too far from me. We will have to go out earlier in the evening when the mosquitoes are not in attack mode. She did get a little close to the water yet didn't attempt to get in it.

Ali loved the park, yet I had to keep her on a leash or she would take off into the woods. We used to go on the small trails. Maybe Tess and I could do that too sometime.

Although it looks different now, my dad would take me down to Inland Sea to fish when I was younger. He said it was the best place to catch fish in all the park. It never was real busy as it is one of the lakes on the outskirts of the park. I loved fishing, still do. Have not gone in a long while, yet I love to just sit there and fish. Never really catch much and the fish generally get more bait off the hook than my hooking the fish, yet I love it. It is very relaxing and peaceful. My brother hates it. Says it is boring. To me there is nothing boring about it.

I would go fishing all the time in Charleston with Kathy and Terry. We would get up early on a Saturday morning and spend the whole day going from lake to lake. I learned a lot those summers - I remember when I finally learned to cast with an open-face reel. Talk about feeling like you were in the big leagues. I learned how to fish on the lake bottom and not use a bobber and watch your line for movement. That was my first time fishing for catfish. Did you know catfish bark? Yes, seriously, like dogs. I didn't believe it either until I saw and heard it for myself. When I would be struggling with things emotionally, they would come get me and take me fishing. It was a great distraction.

I remember for my 12th birthday, I got the really awesome black and neon green pole. It was my favorite gift and I fished with that for many years. I don't even think I have a pole now. I do have a tackle box though and it is stocked pretty good. Next paycheck I would like to go get my fishing license. I think I will just keep my pole and tackle box in the trunk of the car so I can go fishing at anytime.I wonder if 35 fishes? Here is an original thought, ask her. Ah the magic of text messaging.

Well, this post went a completely different direction than my intentions, and that is ok. I just start writing and it goes where it is supposed to go. It probably just means that it is not time yet to write what I had planned. As I think about it, especially after these past two days, that might just be a good move. Let's not do something that could spark up a fire that is still smoldering.

As I still have some things to get done before going to bed, I will close by posting a photo of the big swan who was out on the lake tonight. Never seen a swan out there. Sure beats Canadian Geese!

Popular posts from this blog

Never a failure again

No more numbers

Checking in