Procrastination

You know, there are a lot of things that I can attribute to "getting older" and one more of them is that when I procrastinate until the last minute, I do not get things done as quick and smooth as I once used to.

Trying to knock out all the computer work that I have let pile up. Nothing to blame it on other than I just have not been motivated to do it. After a great nap this afternoon, I've already knocked off a little of it.

It has been another beautiful day outside and I have spent it inside. I go out, start to walk around and have that "oh I don't think so" feeling and come back in. I guess the upside is that we are on the starting side of good weather and I can work my way up to getting back out in it.

Along with my computer work, I have to finish my homework for Chris and Tami. I think it is time to start making lists of what I need to do to have at home too. My desk is covered at times with all kinds of post-it notes.

I guess I am better today. My arm still hurts. My friend was not at church today. Will look at my schedule tomorrow and maybe go to the walk-in. It doesn't look bad, it just hurts. Then again, I will probably convince myself that it is not that bad and talk myself out of it.

I wish I could explain how I feel. I feel "off" and kind of in a fog. That may not even be the best description. I should go back through my posts and see the different ways I have attempted to describe this feeling. I figure if I keep trying to explain it I will either pull it off, or by that point I won't be feeling it anymore and can let it be.

There is a part of me that feels like I have been being really selfish lately, putting too much focus on myself and not enough on others. Although I did ride with Lora to Menard's the other night, I have turned down a few dinner offers. Brody's opening game was yesterday and I opted to not go and I politely refused an offer to go see some of my coworkers who do belly dance at their charity even last night. I even passed on helping to build a garage. I just want to be home....in my house.....hiding out. I am sure that is a sign of something out of balance.

Tess' buddy Mia keeps wandering in and out of my house as I have the front door open. She comes in, goes and eats Tess' food, then leaves. Sometimes, she will pick up the bowl (a disposable one) and just carry it out the door with her. Hey, you know what, go for it. I am not going to let anyone go hungry, not even the neighborhood wandering dog. She actually lives back behind me, yet seems to spend more time at my house than hers. The other night her and Tess got to playing and wrestling. It was cute as that was the first time Tess has really played that actively with another dog. So, it is good for Tess to have a friend that she will play with.

Well, this is not getting my work done and therefore I should wrap it up. New week tomorrow. Would like it to be a successful and good week. I will do my best to do my part of that. Have my typewell final "take 2" on Friday. Am not expecting to pass it. Will just do my best. I went and talked to the department director about it to find out if I had to pay for the class if I don't pass. She said that she would not put that kind of financial hardship on me, just to do my best.

And so it is. Lots to do, time is ticking, off to finish stuff up.

Popular posts from this blog

Never a failure again

No more numbers

Checking in