Fishin' in the rain
I got a little wet today...ok, really, really wet AND I had a blast.
I went fishing in the rain for about 2 hours and I do believe fish bite more in the rain.
I pulled up 5 good sized bluegills. I didn't even know they got that big. I was the only person out fishing and I was enjoying every minute of it.
I was starting to get chilled so I called it a day. I remembered I had a towel in my "emergency bag" in the trunk and so I grabbed it, threw it over my shoulders and went and had lunch at the little restaurant on the dock.
I know, I said I was giving up fishing for a while. I thought about that too. I figured it was ok to go - I made my trip to Tuscola yesterday, made it to Brody's baseball game last night, got some computer work finished this morning, and got a load of dishes done. With that, and some cash in my pocket, I gave my permission to go fish.
I came home soaked and a plan to take a hot shower yet, with a full belly, I just changed into my jammies and took a big nap!! Then got my shower. Fishing wears me out. Fishing in the rain even more!
I have come to a agreement with myself on the fishing. I will leave the gear in the car, yet put it in the trunk. I only get to buy bait with cash and that does not mean go to the ATM and get cash to buy bait. Fishing will be a reward for me. I am pretty sure there is something not right in that process yet for now this is my plan. I can't take it all away, it is my key activity to clear my mind and relax.
It has been a good day. I did not "have" to do anything. No plans on my calendar. The best part is tomorrow is Saturday...another free day. Usually if I take Saturday and do whatever, then there is no recovery time as Sunday activities start early and go until early evening. Then it is ba k to Monday. So I guess I really do not know how to explain it yet the extra day has been nice. And it has been a really long time since I had a day off where there was nothing I *had* to do. Yah, it has been nice.
I went fishing in the rain for about 2 hours and I do believe fish bite more in the rain.
I pulled up 5 good sized bluegills. I didn't even know they got that big. I was the only person out fishing and I was enjoying every minute of it.
I was starting to get chilled so I called it a day. I remembered I had a towel in my "emergency bag" in the trunk and so I grabbed it, threw it over my shoulders and went and had lunch at the little restaurant on the dock.
I know, I said I was giving up fishing for a while. I thought about that too. I figured it was ok to go - I made my trip to Tuscola yesterday, made it to Brody's baseball game last night, got some computer work finished this morning, and got a load of dishes done. With that, and some cash in my pocket, I gave my permission to go fish.
I came home soaked and a plan to take a hot shower yet, with a full belly, I just changed into my jammies and took a big nap!! Then got my shower. Fishing wears me out. Fishing in the rain even more!
I have come to a agreement with myself on the fishing. I will leave the gear in the car, yet put it in the trunk. I only get to buy bait with cash and that does not mean go to the ATM and get cash to buy bait. Fishing will be a reward for me. I am pretty sure there is something not right in that process yet for now this is my plan. I can't take it all away, it is my key activity to clear my mind and relax.
It has been a good day. I did not "have" to do anything. No plans on my calendar. The best part is tomorrow is Saturday...another free day. Usually if I take Saturday and do whatever, then there is no recovery time as Sunday activities start early and go until early evening. Then it is ba k to Monday. So I guess I really do not know how to explain it yet the extra day has been nice. And it has been a really long time since I had a day off where there was nothing I *had* to do. Yah, it has been nice.