The Fishing Project - Part 2 - Let's Make Some Fish!

Dear Diary, I think this might be a good start to making some fish!
Every good fish should start with a template...well, at least that sounds like a good idea.
Colored pencils to the rescue! 10 little fishies floating in the pond.....

Ladies and gentlemen, the scroll saw. One of my best rummage sale purchases. The wood selection was perfect as it cut real easy and quickly and would allow me to later make adjustments to the pattern very simply.

And we have our first fish!! And the new workbench is perfect!!!
Getting the Tess seal of approval.....Um, wait Tess, that isn't to eat!!!!!!
Three fishies!!! At this point the whole fun of this has kicked in....seriously.
Yup, this is where I was hanging out. Check out that sturdy workbench!
There they are!! All naked...he he he...

Now to figure out how to do the metal for the mouth. First idea, grind a divit and use a small washer. Result, fail. Could have worked, yet my "dremmel" is a generic one and pretty much a piece of crap. Dear Santa, could I get a real one of those?
Attempt #2...eyelet. Ah, yes, this will work, but not in the corner, hard to center and splits the wood if you get off center. Glad I cut an extra fish, this will be my "test fish"

Test #3....eyelet in lower mouth....perfect!!!!! Magnets stick!!! Yah, had to mark fish so I didn't go trying to use it.
Time for some sanding, do not want rough edges, need these to be kid friendly, and seeing that I already got stung by a wasp, we do not need to be spreading any more possible injuries.
Dinner Time!!! Did I mention that I was grilling hamburgers, chicken, and corn while sanding the fish?? (yes, there was food in that grill in the picture above!)
End of day...sanded fish with eyelets. Ah, time for a good night's sleep.

Popular posts from this blog

Never a failure again

No more numbers

Checking in