Letter from God
I would like to think that if God were to write me a letter today, it would go something like this:
Dear Blewy, (yes, God would call me Blewy)
I love you. I wanted to say that first because if you remember nothing else from this letter, that is the most important thing. Even when you thought I did not or the many times you tried to make me not love you, I did. I always will. I know that is hard to comprehend sometimes yet it is true. On the days where you can't buy into it, just believe it because I said so. On the days where you feel it, relish it to its full extent. It is yours, enjoy every moment of it.
Alijandra says hello. She misses you just as much as you miss her and she says she will be first in line to greet you when that day comes. Her body is perfect and she chases every heavenly squirrel that she sees. I know it was hard to let her go, 15 years is quite a long time. As your one constant through a lot of good and bad, I had charged her with quite a mission. Remember I promised I would not have called her home until I knew you could make it on your own. I know you were unsure about that, yet you have done just fine, matter of fact, you have done amazing. Although you can't see her physically, she is not too far away from you ever. She has asked why didn't you get the heated mattress pad when she was still alive. She also wants you to know that it is ok to finally grieve her loss.
You would not believe how many people here have lined up to say hello. I don't think you understand the lives you touch. Your pops sends his love. He thanks you for allowing him to be a part of your life his last years on earth. Up here he has been able to go back watch you and your brother grow up and become the adults you are. He's sorry he gave up all that when you all were still so young. His choice saddens him yet he smiles that you were blessed with such an amazing second family. He wants you to forgive your dad. He knows you have a lot of heartache there, yet your dad did truly love you and when he left, it was not because of you. If you are not at that place yet, he asks that you at least think about it.
You Grandpa Morris continually bugs me to let him come say goodbye since he was unable to do so in person before he passed. He still laughs about all the "daddy/daughter" events you took him to and is so proud of the person you have become. He wants you to know that no matter what you have been told since his passing that he has and always will love you. He said to tell you he even likes the blue hair. He says that one sees life a lot different from up here and that he admires your strength and perseverance, you have grown into quite the remarkable woman. He thanks you for your patience and endurance with family. He (and I) know that has not been the easiest road to travel, yet even when you should walk away, you don't. One day you will all be together in a place where both physical and mental frailties are no longer an issue and great will be the celebration. Know you can always talk to him at any time.
Your Grandma Blew just beams when she thinks and talks about you. She is ever so grateful that you came into her life at three years old. Both she and your grandfather appreciate the respect you take in the Blew name and your willingness to honor it always. She says to give you her deepest thanks for getting rid of those jeans you loved after she passed. She says you will know what she is talking about.
And your friends. I am sorry there are so many of them here with me, I know that has not been easy to say goodbye to them so unexpectedly over the years. They are all doing well. Each has a valuable role here in the great scheme of things and they check in on you often. I know you are aware of the few who have traveled with you, watching as protective angels. This was their choice and I found there was no way I could talk them out of it. They thank you for the extra things you have done for them and their families over the years. They too want you to know it is ok to let go of the pain of their losses. They want you to know that it will be ok and their memories are not lessened by it. If anything, they are strengthened. They truly love their friend, coach, and mentor.
So, my dear daughter, there is much more I could write, yet let this give you strength and courage for now. I want you to remember who you were here and know that you are still that person. I know, that whole forgetting thing is kind of like a cruel joke, yet someday you will fully understand that it is only to allow you to grow and learn and become the best you can be. Don't be afraid. I know the desires of your heart and let me tell you, you are fulfilling them. Just keep being you and that will always come to pass.
I am always here to listen, you know you can talk to me about anything. Remember, I have all the blessings in the world waiting for you, yet I need you to come seek them. I have more great work awaiting you so keep getting healthy. Give a hug to my dear angels who are down there helping you. Yes, I know you know who they are, so don't be giving them too much grief, they are human too.
Keep the faith,
Your Heavenly Father
Your Heavenly Father