Day's recap

A lot on my mind, yet not for writing just yet. Actually wish I had session again tomorrow to sit and talk about things with Chris. It is ok, I see her Thursday afternoon and I can work on sorting things out on my own until then.

Meanwhile, today, before session this happened:


Elder Erickson's birthday is Friday. He will be.....ok, wait, let me figure this out....20. Yah, I believe we figured he was born in April and I went on my mission in July. Wait, maybe it was the year before, so he would be 21. Ok, maybe we shouldn't discuss the age difference here.

Since I can't take him a cake, I tried to find as many "birthday cake" flavored things that I could. I sent him a confetti cake mix, birthday Oreos, birthday Russell Stovers, birthday peeps, birthday cookie crunchie things, and of course a couple gifts. I forgot to put his blue zebra pens in there though. I will have to send those separate. Topped it off with a 6 page letter I wrote up last night. Yah, that should make for a good birthday.

After session I had to do a little online shopping as my little buddy (who was teaching me that a fox is a fox, not a butterfly like I kept saying) has requested purple and pink for next week....yes, pink. And, I will oblige without a second thought. So, I have purple and pink spiking gel on its way. Not going to lie, I kind of like seeing what she will come up with next. She sure helped me today as I needed that little bit of innocence interaction as I was not 100% at the end of session. Yet, I promised I would not physically harm myself, and I didn't.

Got through class tonight, much better than last week. I sat over on the other side of the room. One reason was to just do it, throw everyone off a little. The bigger reason was that I knew if I sat over there I would not get up and leave class no matter how uncomfortable things got. I would not walk across the room. Now, luckily, I didn't have to put those skills to the test and I was ok. After a long emotional day, I just wanted to enjoy class and laugh some - mission accomplished. I get to do mindfulness next week, redemption here I come!!

I've been washing bed clothes the past few nights and a clean bed that doesn't smell like dog means I need a dog that doesn't smell like dog. My after class activity was simple...


Yup, she smells all squeaky clean (actually she smells like softsoap coconut scrub) and now we can snuggle in bed not smelling like farm animals. She handles baths so much better than Ali did. For Ali you had to close the shower curtain and block the whole side of the tub. At least three times you would have to catch her as she tried to jump out of the tub - soaped up! She wanted nothing to do with that bath stuff. Tess is cool with it...she tolerates it. She like getting "scrubbied" and her short, thin hair makes her dry in a jiffy.

Had quite the conversation with Shauna through the afternoon and a bit after class. Not ready to talk about that here yet, I have a lot on my mind to figure out still. Maybe I will write Chris an email tomorrow, that will work. Shauna gave me a little bit of homework which I will get to after I get a shower myself so I don't smell "pretty" anymore. Yah, that has been a weird thing all day. Whatever the cause of my pleasant smell of unknown origin, I am ready to get as far away from the "pretty" comment as I can. I think my friends realized how much it annoyed me and that is why they kept saying it. I am Blewy, there is nothing "pretty" about me. No, not a judgement. "Pretty" is too girly for me. Yes, I have been wearing my "girl jeans" for two days, and that is because I don't fit in my shorts right now. A trip to the farm store and I shall resolve that. I'm not "pretty" though....I am Blewy. The little and littlest ones can be pretty, yet all kids, young adults, and adults are not going to buy into it.

Ok, time to call it a night. Have been fighting a sore throat all day that has just continued to get worse as the day and evening have gone on. I did take some medicine and will get a good night's sleep. I hope I feel better in the morning. I am sure it is just my body telling me to slow it down or it is going to slow me down. Interesting how that works.

Sleep well everyone.

Popular posts from this blog

Never a failure again

No more numbers

Checking in