Slowly getting there!

Hello, my name is Blewy and I am a pyromaniac.....and that is perfectly ok!!! (as long as I am safe!)

They are talking about rain again this week so I figured this evening was perfect to try and burn off more of the brush pile. I am determined to reclaim my back yard from the brush!

I lit up the small pile I had built up when I finished a few weeks ago.  The wind may have been nasty to drive in lately, yet it has been great for drying my wood piles.  So with lighter fluid in hand, I torched.

I looked over at the remainder of the original, big pile and contemplated if I should light it too.  I was hesitant as it was still kind of big for my comfort level. I paused for a few then figured, what the heck, the fire department is just down the road. Again, my magic bottle of lighter fluid and a little flame.



Can I just say that it only took about 30 seconds for me to go, "oh shit! that may not have been real smart" as the heat alone off of it was pretty intense. I just stayed close with the garden hose.


Over the next 2.5 hours, it burnt down quite well, yet it did decide to spread beyond where I really wanted it to go. No, I still had not learned my lesson yet.


Oops, well, we didn't have the burning bush, yet we did have the burning tree.  It's ok, those will be getting cut down at some point and burned.  Just getting a little head start.


Sadly, the sun started setting quickly before my pile was done. I refuse to let a fire smolder, so I played fire fighter and put it all out.  Will go out next time I have a chance and stack up the leftover pieces so we can play with matches once again.


I am happy to report that it is so much more manageable than before.  It feels good to accomplish something that seemed so huge and overwhelming. Of course it has taken me almost 3 years to be able to face it and get through it.  Kind of sounds like my life right now, eh?

Popular posts from this blog

Never a failure again

No more numbers

Checking in