Two people

I'm getting there...I am getting close to the end of the day and have not hurt myself yet. Yes, it is still a possibility. I did find a positive in all of this, with the head games and all these past few days, I have not had too many negative thoughts in regards to food. Seems like "I hate myself for eating" dropped pretty low on the list this week.

I feel like two people. One that is out there, helping others, serving, doing and being all those things I am supposed to do and be. Then, there is this other side that has been a growing struggle - the one that is on the emotional roller coaster, the one that wants to punish, the one that is just a scared kid looking for some kind of outlet.

It has been extra hard these past few days. Usually, when I get in the "must punish self" mindset, it comes and then it goes (sometimes acted upon, sometimes not). It has been a really long time since I have had it stick around at this intensity for so long. It worries me, as the longer it persists, the more wore down I seem to be becoming. I am not in a good place, I am not ok. On top of it, I don't know who to ask for help because I don't know the help I need to ask for. Am I a danger or a threat to myself? As far as taking my life, no. As far as doing harm to myself, about as close to yes as I can get without having to say yes. You see, if I say yes then I can't hide behind some transparent piece of denial.


Popular posts from this blog

Never a failure again

No more numbers

Checking in