Today for me: Sunday

I have a feeling this will get harder starting tomorrow when I have "real life" in the mix. That is tomorrow though, so let's see how I did for today!

Today, for me, I:

Took a bubble bath. Yes, I went to the store, bought a bottle of Mr. Bubble, and took a long, fun bubble bath. Just like when I was a kid, I made a bubble beard and mustache, bubble mohawk, and just had some relaxing fun. Have you ever noticed Mr. Bubble smells like Bazooka bubble gum? Maybe Bazooka smells like Mr. Bubble (which came first, the chicken or the egg). I even practiced my mindfulness as I would scoop up the bubbles and try to sense how they felt against my skin. You know, you don't really "feel" bubbles on you as they are so light. It is almost like a slight tickling sensation, like if you were to run a feather across your skin. The best part, I bought a big bottle.....more bubble baths in the future!!!


Took flowers to Grandma Blew. It's been 5 years this month that Grandma Blew passed. I still can't believe that she isn't here. She is buried on the north side of Stearn's and I can actually see her grave from the Interstate every day when I go to and from work. It makes it a little easier. As much as I miss her, I am excited that she is with all her family now. She was the last of her family to pass. After dad had passed away a few years earlier, she was ready to go whenever God was ready to take her. Grandma loved Cardinals. I try to keep something with them out on her grave. I know she appreciates it, especially since I was never really good with picking out "pretty" things. I was the one who bought her light up mugs and singing chickens. So I took her some new goodies and we talked for a while. It's always a good visit.


Had lunch with a friend. My buddy Kathy is like my sister. We grew up together and her mom blistered my tail as much (if not more) that my own mom. She came by the church today after the congregational meeting to drop some things off for her mom and dad. We don't get to catch up too often, so I skipped out of the rest of church and asked her if she wanted to grab some lunch. We sat and chatted for about two hours. I told her she got to be part of my homework - I was interacting with someone and I was doing it out in public. She just laughed.

Popular posts from this blog

Never a failure again

No more numbers

Checking in