Once upon a time
Ha! I know, I said I wasn't going to write today. It is not that I lied. It is more like I have a couple hours before I head south and I don't care to do the laundry and dishes that are sitting there watching me like a hawk. So why not just record more random thoughts and feeling that I can go back later and read and smack myself up the side of the head and tell myself I should have folded the laundry.
Tomorrow is Easter. In my dysfunctional family that pretty much means it is just another day. My brother already noted he most likely would not be at church. Kind of sucks, I like being with my family in church on the holidays. Oh well, I will be there, maybe without an Easter bonnet on, yet I will be there.
Call me old-school, yet know what I miss? I miss those huge traditional family get togethers for Easter. The ones where there is turkey and ham and all the sides and fixings. The kind where if you are a certain age you have to sit at the "kid's table" in the other room and eat off paper plates while the adults get the holiday china. You have dinner and everyone helps clean up while chatting and catching up with family you haven't seen for a while. Afterwards, there is a little "quiet time" and then something big like an Easter egg hunt (with real eggs that you dyed the night before). When I think of this, I think of my grandmother's house. I laugh as by the time I got old enough to sit at the adult table, we quit having the dinners. Heck, I haven't even colored Easter eggs for years and I loved to do that.
The bookmark I am using right now says, "Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be." Yup. It is what it is. Therefore, I will spend "Easter eve" with my missionaries down south, laughing and being their family while they are away from home. I will have them tell me Easter stories from their lives.
I need to stop on my way down and pick them up some chocolate or something like that. Peeps...everyone loves peeps! (I used to eat them by the package!) In college, we had "death of a peep" in the lounge fridge. There is was....a dead peep covered in blood (ketchup) and a murder note. I can't remember if we ever found out who the "killer" was, yet it made for a fun adventure for a few weeks! Some days I do miss living in the dorms. Respect the Peep.
Not sure what I will do tomorrow. I think the kids are doing an egg hunt in the evening at the in-laws. I will probably go and watch the boys do that and take pictures. I miss the other boys and it will be nice to spend some time with them. I might run out and see my godmother for a bit. If it is as nice as it is today, I may just go for a bike ride or a long walk (I need to try and get a 4-5 mile walk in before next Saturday to test my endurance). As for an Easter dinner? Considering my food issues right now, I am thinking it is a good thing I won't be in front of any traditional meals. Besides, I threw some turkey cutlets in the crock pot last night with some cream of mushroom soup and quinoa, which allows me to get tryptophan drunk all by myself :) Heck, I may even throw caution to the wind and eat a baked potato!
Sometimes you just have to go out and kick a few rocks around driveway and shrug your shoulders. Yet, for the moment, it is time to head south and play.
Tomorrow is Easter. In my dysfunctional family that pretty much means it is just another day. My brother already noted he most likely would not be at church. Kind of sucks, I like being with my family in church on the holidays. Oh well, I will be there, maybe without an Easter bonnet on, yet I will be there.
Call me old-school, yet know what I miss? I miss those huge traditional family get togethers for Easter. The ones where there is turkey and ham and all the sides and fixings. The kind where if you are a certain age you have to sit at the "kid's table" in the other room and eat off paper plates while the adults get the holiday china. You have dinner and everyone helps clean up while chatting and catching up with family you haven't seen for a while. Afterwards, there is a little "quiet time" and then something big like an Easter egg hunt (with real eggs that you dyed the night before). When I think of this, I think of my grandmother's house. I laugh as by the time I got old enough to sit at the adult table, we quit having the dinners. Heck, I haven't even colored Easter eggs for years and I loved to do that.
The bookmark I am using right now says, "Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be." Yup. It is what it is. Therefore, I will spend "Easter eve" with my missionaries down south, laughing and being their family while they are away from home. I will have them tell me Easter stories from their lives.
I need to stop on my way down and pick them up some chocolate or something like that. Peeps...everyone loves peeps! (I used to eat them by the package!) In college, we had "death of a peep" in the lounge fridge. There is was....a dead peep covered in blood (ketchup) and a murder note. I can't remember if we ever found out who the "killer" was, yet it made for a fun adventure for a few weeks! Some days I do miss living in the dorms. Respect the Peep.
Not sure what I will do tomorrow. I think the kids are doing an egg hunt in the evening at the in-laws. I will probably go and watch the boys do that and take pictures. I miss the other boys and it will be nice to spend some time with them. I might run out and see my godmother for a bit. If it is as nice as it is today, I may just go for a bike ride or a long walk (I need to try and get a 4-5 mile walk in before next Saturday to test my endurance). As for an Easter dinner? Considering my food issues right now, I am thinking it is a good thing I won't be in front of any traditional meals. Besides, I threw some turkey cutlets in the crock pot last night with some cream of mushroom soup and quinoa, which allows me to get tryptophan drunk all by myself :) Heck, I may even throw caution to the wind and eat a baked potato!
Sometimes you just have to go out and kick a few rocks around driveway and shrug your shoulders. Yet, for the moment, it is time to head south and play.

