For a moment, I breathe
At this moment, I am ok. I was not sure I was going to get here, I actually was afraid that I would find myself taking pins off my shoe by the end of it. I was that scared as I felt it going that direction and picking up speed. The last couple days were only supporting that result.
I couldn't figure out why the muscles in my arms were aching today. I hadn't been lifting anything, let alone something heavy. They have hurt like I did a workout, then I remembered they kind of did get a workout yesterday. Apparently, I tensed up much more than I realized during that anxiety attack. Not really the best suggested way to build muscle.
It has taken the last 4 hours of sitting quietly and doing nothing for things to calm down. I gave up going to the game tonight (which ended up on a two hour delay as I hear) in order to try and get on top of things. I am not even sure if that is a way to say it. I didn't sit here "trying" get better and settle down as I had pretty much accepted that there was no coming down without some "help" and I had pretty much accepted whatever the consequences were.
After a few hours the anger and frustration started to lift. I actually could "feel" it lessening. Yah, that is how heavy it has weighed on me today. I tried to stay on top of it from the time I got up today, especially knowing that I would be at the expo today and that meant a lot of people and a lot of stimulus. I did well, yet it was not without a fight.
Today, somehow, I beat it without destructive behaviors. I had to give up the game, and yet I actually did. In the past, I would have still gone to the game, I would not have put my health first. I would not have cared how it ended. I am not happy about not getting to see JB play at his first high school game, although down the line, it will have been the better choice.
I did well. I may not really understand how, and I did well. I will go to bed tonight safe. Even if I wake up tomorrow back where I was earlier, I know I got through it. I am hoping that I can remember this and that when it starts getting bad again I won't get so negative on myself.
I am impressed with myself. For now though, the relief also comes with exhaustion. My eyes are heavy and I am pretty tired physically and emotionally. This is the good exhaustion, not the "might possibly hurt myself" exhaustion. It is hard to think and get thoughts on paper. I am sure I will read this tomorrow and shake my head on how rough it flows.
Little steps, little little steps.
I couldn't figure out why the muscles in my arms were aching today. I hadn't been lifting anything, let alone something heavy. They have hurt like I did a workout, then I remembered they kind of did get a workout yesterday. Apparently, I tensed up much more than I realized during that anxiety attack. Not really the best suggested way to build muscle.
It has taken the last 4 hours of sitting quietly and doing nothing for things to calm down. I gave up going to the game tonight (which ended up on a two hour delay as I hear) in order to try and get on top of things. I am not even sure if that is a way to say it. I didn't sit here "trying" get better and settle down as I had pretty much accepted that there was no coming down without some "help" and I had pretty much accepted whatever the consequences were.
After a few hours the anger and frustration started to lift. I actually could "feel" it lessening. Yah, that is how heavy it has weighed on me today. I tried to stay on top of it from the time I got up today, especially knowing that I would be at the expo today and that meant a lot of people and a lot of stimulus. I did well, yet it was not without a fight.
Today, somehow, I beat it without destructive behaviors. I had to give up the game, and yet I actually did. In the past, I would have still gone to the game, I would not have put my health first. I would not have cared how it ended. I am not happy about not getting to see JB play at his first high school game, although down the line, it will have been the better choice.
I did well. I may not really understand how, and I did well. I will go to bed tonight safe. Even if I wake up tomorrow back where I was earlier, I know I got through it. I am hoping that I can remember this and that when it starts getting bad again I won't get so negative on myself.
I am impressed with myself. For now though, the relief also comes with exhaustion. My eyes are heavy and I am pretty tired physically and emotionally. This is the good exhaustion, not the "might possibly hurt myself" exhaustion. It is hard to think and get thoughts on paper. I am sure I will read this tomorrow and shake my head on how rough it flows.
Little steps, little little steps.
