Being adventerous

I skipped church today. Yah, I know, don't give me too much grief. I needed a day. Although I was not sure what that meant, it was a good start. When I woke up, feeling like I might have slept in only to remember we had the time change and according to the clock, there was a part of me that didn't want to get up. "Stay in bed and hide out" was the message coming forth. For a few weeks now I have followed that little voice. Today, I got up.

Pancakes for breakfast. This one
was for you Chris :) :)
I am having one of those "I just want to do things right" days. No, I have no clue what that really means. I fixed breakfast - that was the right thing to do. It's pretty scarce around here on food. I forgot that when I am off my meds that I do not always make the best decisions financially. Spending becomes a coping tool. If I were spending on things I really needed (like groceries) then maybe I could cut myself some slack.

Financial things are the number one item that causes me stress and gets me easily upset. There is not much I can do this round - I did it to myself. At least I paid my bills first, that is a big step, there was a time when I didn't even do that. Yes, I learned a good lesson here and will manage to get through. Things always manage to work out. Not quite sure how I am paying for therapy this week, yet I don't have to freak out about that for a few more days.

Enough about my less than effective choices - back to today. Made it out to my workshop. I like my workshop. I have spent a lot of years building it up. I remember hauling wood in the focus to rebuild the workbench - that was an adventure in itself. I am sure I have far more tools than any one person could ever need, yet I have carpenter genes, therefore I can never have too many tools. I have not spent a whole day in my shop for a long time. Not sure why, maybe afraid I would have some fun? Anyways, went out and messed around for a while. Sometimes it is not whether you actually do something or not, it is just being there and enjoying the feeling that goes with it. Like being able to say, "this is my space."

Functional....and festive.
One issue I have in the back yard is that there is no light. Not a problem for the past few years, yet now with Tess, I have to be able to see at night to let her out to run. A couple weeks ago Lora and I were at Menard's (yup, love that place too) and they had these LED "garden lights" on sale. Score! They have been setting in my living room since and therefore not lighting up the back yard. Took care of that. I don't care that they are holiday decorated, they are light and they were on sale! With the sun shining as good as it is today, those little solar lights ought to charge up real well. A little light is better than no light at all.

Tess wasn't happy with me because I made her stay outside with me the whole time. She's getting a little lazy these days. If I am going outside to enjoy the sun, she can too. Seeing that she hasn't moved since we came in, I think I wore her out.

Habitat for small wildlife
I started hacking away at the huge brush pile again. I may never get that thing destroyed yet it is a little healing to go chopping off branches. I really need my chainsaw back from my brother. I think that I will actually just have to go and buy a new one.

Of course I would love to just throw a match in the middle of it, yet I think the neighbor likes his wood fence and I am not out to have the fire department at my house anytime soon. It started out with a small tree that I cut down and somehow it just kept growing. I think I had a neighbor who was adding to it. That neighbor is gone, and my pile remains. It is ok, it is like a challenge to see if I can get through it. At least now a lot of the overgrowth has died off and I can get through it a little better.

Not big enough yet....
So I chop the smaller branches off and make a little pile that can be safely burnt. Seeing that I may have raised Chris' blood pressure a little on torching night, I will not share details when I go burning off the little one again. Sometimes I do live a little dangerously. Hey, I keep the hose close and the gas can far away. Other than that, it is free game in regards to how much gas gets poured on and how many matches get lit. Oh, wait, said I wasn't going into details.

Although the sun is shining away, it is still a big chilly and I decided to move my adventures inside. I fixed the lock on the shed door, took care of a few little things and locked everything up. I have lunch/dinner (whenever she calls) with Lora today. Hey, she's buying, I'm there. Now I have to some of those adult adventure stuff like folding clothes and washing dishes. It is ok because if I get that stuff done then I can do something fun again this evening. Balance, isn't that what it all about?? More on that in another post.

Popular posts from this blog

Never a failure again

No more numbers

Checking in