Hidden gems
It's Friday....oh wait, it's Saturday. One of the issues with holiday breaks, you totally lose track of time. I actually had to drag Tess out of bed today instead of the other way. Every time I asked her about getting up, she crawled up in the corner and went back to sleep. Smart dog. In the end I used the one technique that works every time....."are you hungry?" Yah, that always works. And now she is snoozing on the couch. It would appear that being lazy is the protocol for the day. I can handle that easily.
I have been trying hard to stay on the side of healthy this break - it has been work and I have done it. As much as it may be a struggle (one that I am doing well with), I keep waiting for some little light in mist. Yes, I have had some good moments, time with family and missionaries, yet I had hoped there would be that little something that said to me, "yah, it's going to be ok." Maybe that is selfish of me to want that, yet you know, you fight and fight knowing that you are doing the right thing and once in a while a little affirmation of that is welcomed.
I got a new wallet (Eagles, of course) from my sister and today I finally switched stuff over. I couldn't get it all in the new wallet, yet I got the important stuff. In the midst of cleaning out all the little pockets and crevices of the old wallet, I ran across the one little piece of paper that I thought I had lost. I talked about the little note that Erickson had slipped me in last year's Christmas card, and there it was, safely tucked in one of the pockets that didn't have a hole in it. I was so happy. Yes, I was happy over a little note on a little piece of paper, and that is perfectly ok. For me, it was that little message from God saying, "you are doing well, keep it up."
The leg is better...well, I think....today. My knee and down the front of my leg is all bruised. Joe said he was going to make me a sign to wear around my neck that says "Objects are closer than they appear" so I can judge distance a little better. I had to get down on my knees the other day to finish fixing the washer and I thought I was going to start crying right there. You know, every winter I fall, trip, get hurt, or something. It is like a given that I am going to end up hurt somehow. You know, as bad as it aches, it sure is better than the Thanksgiving that I missed sitting in the chair and cracked my ribs as I hit it on the way to the floor. Yah, that one really sucked.
Today will be computer day. I have managed to avoid doing any actual work this past week and need to get some things taken care of before Monday rolls around. I may be off another week, yet not everyone is. It will keep me out of trouble to a point. Maybe a trip to the store later to get milk - maybe I will make that my reward if I get a certain amount of stuff done. I know, the store as a reward...well, it would be going to the store in Oakwood, which means stopping by Dollar General and seeing my friends who work there. Tess likes that too as she usually gets a bone or something out of the deal.
So, even though it is early afternoon, today is good so far. I am up and I have been up. I have been out - although that one still gets to me a bit. I will get all adjusted and adapted just in time to have to change my routine again and go back to work. Sometimes I feel like I can't win. That is ok, I will just continue to figure it out and keep moving forward.
I have been trying hard to stay on the side of healthy this break - it has been work and I have done it. As much as it may be a struggle (one that I am doing well with), I keep waiting for some little light in mist. Yes, I have had some good moments, time with family and missionaries, yet I had hoped there would be that little something that said to me, "yah, it's going to be ok." Maybe that is selfish of me to want that, yet you know, you fight and fight knowing that you are doing the right thing and once in a while a little affirmation of that is welcomed.
I got a new wallet (Eagles, of course) from my sister and today I finally switched stuff over. I couldn't get it all in the new wallet, yet I got the important stuff. In the midst of cleaning out all the little pockets and crevices of the old wallet, I ran across the one little piece of paper that I thought I had lost. I talked about the little note that Erickson had slipped me in last year's Christmas card, and there it was, safely tucked in one of the pockets that didn't have a hole in it. I was so happy. Yes, I was happy over a little note on a little piece of paper, and that is perfectly ok. For me, it was that little message from God saying, "you are doing well, keep it up."
The leg is better...well, I think....today. My knee and down the front of my leg is all bruised. Joe said he was going to make me a sign to wear around my neck that says "Objects are closer than they appear" so I can judge distance a little better. I had to get down on my knees the other day to finish fixing the washer and I thought I was going to start crying right there. You know, every winter I fall, trip, get hurt, or something. It is like a given that I am going to end up hurt somehow. You know, as bad as it aches, it sure is better than the Thanksgiving that I missed sitting in the chair and cracked my ribs as I hit it on the way to the floor. Yah, that one really sucked.
Today will be computer day. I have managed to avoid doing any actual work this past week and need to get some things taken care of before Monday rolls around. I may be off another week, yet not everyone is. It will keep me out of trouble to a point. Maybe a trip to the store later to get milk - maybe I will make that my reward if I get a certain amount of stuff done. I know, the store as a reward...well, it would be going to the store in Oakwood, which means stopping by Dollar General and seeing my friends who work there. Tess likes that too as she usually gets a bone or something out of the deal.
So, even though it is early afternoon, today is good so far. I am up and I have been up. I have been out - although that one still gets to me a bit. I will get all adjusted and adapted just in time to have to change my routine again and go back to work. Sometimes I feel like I can't win. That is ok, I will just continue to figure it out and keep moving forward.


