Staying busy
Tess has the right idea, curl up in the blankets and snooze away. Oh I am sure I will end up taking a nap at some point, have not seemed to miss a day yet. As I realize that I have got to get my tail out of the house, I have started to fill my calendar a little. I will have the boys for a bit tonight and tomorrow night as well as next Monday and Tuesday night. Am going to try and do some visiting as well while I am off.
Been compiling my Finding Blewy blog today. With the Fight the Fight blog, I copied the posts into a document and then printed it out and put it in a binder. I would always have it that way and seeing that it essentially my journal, it was nice to have the printed copy.
I have wanted to do the same with this one, yet just haven't and now with over 150 posts, it has grown quite large. Seeing that there is not anything I HAVE to do, I can start getting it copied over into a document as well. Although I am not reading each post, there is some scanning through them as I copy/paste and I am not really sure how that is going over with my emotions. As I work through June and July, I now just shake my head at how I cycle from "I am invincible" to "I am nothing" - even more that I realized. Actually I think it is just the resulting of "Ah! I got it!" and "Well, guess I don't." Whatever it is or is not, there is a lot of emotions in those words and I am glad that I am willing to put it out there. There are still times I am hesitant to write what is on my mind or in my heart, yet I have gotten so much better at it.
It is a good practice for compassion and non-judgement as my grammar is not the best and I can quickly point out my deficits. Once winning awards for writing, it has been a struggle for the past 15 years to get thoughts and words out on paper in that "correct" way. So I won't be winning any awards again anytime soon, it is ok as it was not on my to-do list anyways. If I can get the thoughts on paper one way or another, then I am happy.
I am kind of multi-tasking as I compile the blog. I've sent out some emails and even done a load of laundry. It isn't that I have an agenda, I just do a little of this, then when I feel I need a break, I go and do something else. My goal isn't really anything other than staying out of bed....and a hot shower, yes that is totally on the to-do list.
Sent my talk out to my missionaries today. Yah, I know, not supposed to be emailing them, yet you know what, it's Christmas. Got a couple replies back including one from Sister Chatterton. I met her on one of my Elder Erickson trips. She is this spunky little gal - yes, spunky is an excellent word to describe her - who loves being a missionary. Sister Robertson was companions with her in the MTC and said that she would sleep every night with her nametag on because she was so happy to be a missionary. I find that just amazing. I don't hear from her often, yet when I do I am able to give her some guidance and direction in things. I do hope that at some point in her mission she gets transferred up this way.
As to keep the missionaries smiling, I included some of my photos from the holidays as a missionary. I am sure I have said it before yet there was nothing more awesome than being a full-time missionary during the holidays (Christmas AND Easter). Memories that have stayed with me for all these years and still bring a smile to my face and a joy to my heart.
Been compiling my Finding Blewy blog today. With the Fight the Fight blog, I copied the posts into a document and then printed it out and put it in a binder. I would always have it that way and seeing that it essentially my journal, it was nice to have the printed copy.
I have wanted to do the same with this one, yet just haven't and now with over 150 posts, it has grown quite large. Seeing that there is not anything I HAVE to do, I can start getting it copied over into a document as well. Although I am not reading each post, there is some scanning through them as I copy/paste and I am not really sure how that is going over with my emotions. As I work through June and July, I now just shake my head at how I cycle from "I am invincible" to "I am nothing" - even more that I realized. Actually I think it is just the resulting of "Ah! I got it!" and "Well, guess I don't." Whatever it is or is not, there is a lot of emotions in those words and I am glad that I am willing to put it out there. There are still times I am hesitant to write what is on my mind or in my heart, yet I have gotten so much better at it.
It is a good practice for compassion and non-judgement as my grammar is not the best and I can quickly point out my deficits. Once winning awards for writing, it has been a struggle for the past 15 years to get thoughts and words out on paper in that "correct" way. So I won't be winning any awards again anytime soon, it is ok as it was not on my to-do list anyways. If I can get the thoughts on paper one way or another, then I am happy.
I am kind of multi-tasking as I compile the blog. I've sent out some emails and even done a load of laundry. It isn't that I have an agenda, I just do a little of this, then when I feel I need a break, I go and do something else. My goal isn't really anything other than staying out of bed....and a hot shower, yes that is totally on the to-do list.
Sent my talk out to my missionaries today. Yah, I know, not supposed to be emailing them, yet you know what, it's Christmas. Got a couple replies back including one from Sister Chatterton. I met her on one of my Elder Erickson trips. She is this spunky little gal - yes, spunky is an excellent word to describe her - who loves being a missionary. Sister Robertson was companions with her in the MTC and said that she would sleep every night with her nametag on because she was so happy to be a missionary. I find that just amazing. I don't hear from her often, yet when I do I am able to give her some guidance and direction in things. I do hope that at some point in her mission she gets transferred up this way.
As to keep the missionaries smiling, I included some of my photos from the holidays as a missionary. I am sure I have said it before yet there was nothing more awesome than being a full-time missionary during the holidays (Christmas AND Easter). Memories that have stayed with me for all these years and still bring a smile to my face and a joy to my heart.
![]() |
| Christmas day 1995, Mission President's home with my trainer (Hna Christensen) and my second companion (Hna Porto). Hermana Christensen was headed home that transfer and I would finish a year later. |
![]() |
| The Hermanas of area Tres Cerritos. It is great that I am still in contact with them all these years later. |
![]() |
| My last district meeting. A week later I would be back home. |
![]() |
| Yes, I brought the gift of "the word" for baby Jesus. |








