Fixing the purple

So my brother has been after me for a while now to do something with my hair. Ok, so it has been purple for several months now and it has grown out and I agree, it needed something done with it, I just had not made up my mind what to do yet. After hearing about it one more time last night, I decided it was at least all going back to one color. Ergo.....Walgreen's visit for boxed hair color.

My mom highlighted my hair many times over the years and I survived, yet I had never done it myself. I wasn't sure if I would burn my hair up, still have purple streaks would look more like lavender (which would have been fine), or what. Yet, hey, adventures happen and aside from everything else, I could use the "do something for yourself" activity.

I love my best friend. Even though we are hours away from each other, we still manage to do things together. Our favorite movie is Grease 2 - yes, I can admit that in public with full pride. We recite lines and sing songs all the time. One night it was on and she was traveling from visiting family. I would take random pictures of the TV throughout the movie and send them to her with dialog. She would reply back with the next line or two. Yes, we can even watch a movie together when we are not physically together. Isn't that what friends do??

Last night was no different. If she couldn't be there with me in person, then we would just have to go for the next best thing - photos and comments! It's probably good she wasn't there, the smell of the goo was pretty potent! In the end, we marked up another adventure.

As expected, I am getting plenty of different reactions. It would seem that it is lighter on the hawk than on the sides. Hey, I'm just happy it's at least close. For $14, you get what you get!

We had to have a baseline photo :)
Eww!!! Gooey!! Head on fire (not kidding, that stuff burned!)
and fumes pretty potent. Ah, the price of beauty.
"Use plastic cap"...um, not one provided. It's
ok, I can improvise!
Well, seems to be working....wonder if the purple is gone?
Pre-rinse fun!! Um, yah, seems it is working!!!
WE GOT BLONDE!!!!!!
Even in the back!!! (along with an irritated neck)

Popular posts from this blog

Never a failure again

No more numbers

Checking in