Hard worker

It started out like this:
Then, this happened:
Which, three hours later would become this:
And, it was not alone. On the other side of the yard:
Oh, and yes, there was a third one:
Then, although still plenty more to go, the pile looked like this:

Hopefully, next weekend will be nice too. I have gotten to a point where I will say I am proud of myself, yet today, I will have to say that I was actually impressed with myself (and proud too).

I got home, went straight out and started to work. I wasn't sure how long I would be able to stick with it, yet I did, for over 3 hours. As I was playing pyromaniac, knowing Chris would see these photos, I laughed at all the things she might say. I'm thinking a bunch of "please be careful" comments. Hey, I was! I had no injuries that required medical attention - and that is where I am leaving it!

Seriously though, I just stayed outside and kept working. I didn't have a goal, I just did a bit, then a bit more. I didn't give myself a "get this far before you can stop" or anything like that. I raked, stacked, burnt, raked more, singed the hair off my legs, inhaled some smoke, raked more, and finished off a bottle of charcoal lighter fluid to keep the fun going!  As the wind started to shift, I decided that I should let the fires start to burn out.

It was good for me. I didn't have any huge epiphanies of life or anything like that, I just listened to my music and worked. Wise owl would say, "when I worked, I worked."  One thing I am very, very sure of....I am exhausted.  Although I know it will mean getting up a few times to let Tess out, I am most likely going to be in bed asleep soon after 8, if not before. I was going to take a hot bath, yet opted for the shower as I knew if I sat in a hot bath, I would never get out of it.

Of course, before cleaning up, I asked Tess if she wanted to go get dinner. I sure didn't feel like cooking. She has that "go for a ride? go bye-bye?" down pretty good. In our adventure, there was a Tess milestone. This happened:
She figured out that she could stand up on the armrest and stick her head out the window!!! Yes, she has never done this, she would just stare at the window, yet never figured out how to stick her head out. Yippee! for Tess!!!! She is so different than when I brought her home, and that makes me so happy.

And, know what "want a taco?" gets you?  Lovies:
And that is what happened today in my world. I did good, really good.

Popular posts from this blog

Never a failure again

No more numbers

Checking in